Tuition and Fees
World-Class Education. Down-to-Earth Tuition.
Why choose between a first-rate education and affordable tuition? At Mid-America, we believe school should be about what you learn, not how much you earn.
Due to our generous donors who pay more than 55 percent of the tuition cost, each master-level student at Mid-America receives a scholarship package totaling $12,867 per year. That means full-time students pay only $10,550 per year for tuition and fees. The value gets even better at the doctoral level: PhD students pay only $7,090 per year, and DMIN students pay only $3,795 per year. The idea is to make seminary so affordable that you graduate debt-free—unbound by the burden of heavy student debt and able to minister or serve wherever God directs. We believe your education should be what’s lasting forever. Not debt.
|Classes||Hours||Tuition per semester||Tuition + Student Fee|
Student fee: $250 per semester
Returned check: $40
Audit course: $50 per course
Late registration: $100
Current Tuition for PhD program
- Tuition per semester: $3,295 per semester
- 3rd PhD seminar in semester: $1,650 (by approval only)
- Interrupted Status fee: $100 per semester
Current Tuition for DMIN program
- The tuition for the Doctor of Ministry Program is $1,647.50 per semester. Consult the Doctor of Ministry Handbook for complete details regarding financial requirements for the program.
- Institute for Nouthetic Studies: Prices vary by course.
- The tuition for the Certificate Program (non-degree seeking) varies by course. You can register for these courses by following this link. To take counseling courses for credit, you need to apply to the Seminary and you will take the courses at the published hourly rate with all pertinent fees associated.
A $35 nonrefundable application fee is required with each master and undergraduate student application for admission to the Seminary. This fee is not applicable to tuition or other student charges. A $50 nonrefundable application fee is required for applicants to doctoral programs.
Students seeking readmission to any academic program other than the doctoral programs at the Seminary must submit a nonrefundable readmission fee of $25 at the time the application is submitted. Doctoral students wanting to readmit from a previous MABTS degree are still subject to the full $50 application fee.
- There is a $250 per semester Student Fee for residential and online students.
- LOGOS Software fee $599.98 charged one-time at first semester in MABTS. This pays for LOGOS Software Silver Edition, (a $1000 value) that the student will use throughout their seminary coursework.
- Late registration fee of $100 is assessed once registration has closed.
- Returned check fee of $40 for checks returned to the Business Office.
- Returned fee of $30 for payment returned to Nelnet. See more in Catalog.
- Nelnet payment plan fee is $25 per each semester you enroll in a payment plan.
- Paper Cut fees allowing students to wirelessly print to the Library printer has a minimum of $2.
- Paper Cut fees allowing students to copy pages from books has a minimum of $5.
- Other fees may be assessed. Please check the Catalog for the latest listing.
- All scholarships will be applied before calculating discounts.
- The spouse of a full-time student will receive 50% off of tuition costs. To receive this discount, the student must contact the Office of Financial Aid each semester.
- The child or grandchild of an alumnus will receive a discount of $150 for tuition and fees per semester. To receive the discount, the student must contact the Office of Financial Aid each semester.
Fees for December and May graduation expenses are to be paid in the Business Office. The deadline will be communicated to each graduate each semester.
- Associate, Bachelor, and Master Degrees: $100
- Doctoral (DMIN and PhD) Degrees: $150
*All student fees are subject to change without notice.
college financing plan
Payment is considered part of registration. SONIS student accounts must be paid in full, or a Nelnet payment plan must be in place before registration ends each semester. A $100 Late Registration Fee will be assessed for those missing the deadline. This Late Registration Fee is applicable for all registration periods during your time here.
Cash or check will be accepted for full payments made to the Business Office. You may also pay your account in full through your SONIS student account using ACH, credit, or debit card. Please note your agreement with Nelnet is only valid for one semester.
As always, all information provided is superseded by any information listed in the Catalog and current Seminary policy. Please contact the Business office if you have any questions.
View details of the Nelnet payment plan.
A more comprehensive description of all tuition and fees can be found in the Catalog.
Available scholarships can be viewed on the Scholarships page.