Office of Financial Aid
2095 Appling Road
Cordova, TN 38016
Tuition and Fees
World-Class Education. Down-to-Earth Tuition.
Why choose between a first-rate education and affordable tuition? At Mid-America, we believe school should be about what you learn, not how much you earn.
Due to our generous donors who pay nearly 70 percent of the tuition cost, each master-level student at Mid-America receives a scholarship package totaling $14,917 per year. That means full-time students pay only $8,350 per year for tuition and fees. The value gets even better at the doctoral level: PhD students pay only $7,140 per year, and DMIN students pay only $3,340 per year. The idea is to make seminary so affordable that you graduate debt-free—unbound by the burden of heavy student debt and able to minister or serve wherever God directs. We believe your education should be what’s lasting forever. Not debt.
|Tuition for Seminary (Master Programs)|
|Residential||$330 per credit hour|
|Online||$330 per credit hour|
|Audit||$50 per course|
Current Tuition for PhD program
- Tuition per semester: $3,295 per semester
- 3rd PhD seminar in semester: $1,650 (by approval only)
- Interrupted Status fee: $100 per semester
Current Tuition for DMIN program
- The tuition for the Doctor of Ministry Program is $1,647.50 per semester. Consult the Doctor of Ministry Handbook for complete details regarding financial requirements for the program.
- Institute for Nouthetic Studies: Prices vary by course.
- The tuition for the Certificate Program (non-degree seeking) varies by course. You can register for these courses by following this link. To take counseling courses for credit, you need to apply to the Seminary and you will take the courses at the published hourly rate with all pertinent fees associated.
A $35 nonrefundable application fee is required with each master and undergraduate student application for admission to the Seminary. This fee is not applicable to tuition or other student charges. A $50 nonrefundable application fee is required for applicants to doctoral programs.
Students seeking readmission to any academic program other than the doctoral programs at the Seminary must submit a nonrefundable readmission fee of $25 at the time the application is submitted. Doctoral students wanting to readmit from a previous MABTS degree are still subject to the full $50 application fee.
- There is a $250 per semester Student Fee for residential and online students.
- LOGOS Software fee $599.98 charged one-time at first semester in MABTS. This pays for LOGOS Software Silver Edition, (a $1000 value) that the student will use throughout their seminary coursework.
- Late registration fee of $100 is assessed once registration has closed.
- Returned check fee of $40 for checks returned to the Business Office.
- Returned fee of $30 for payment returned to Nelnet. See more in Catalog.
- Nelnet payment plan fee is $25 per each semester you enroll in a payment plan.
- Paper Cut fees allowing students to wirelessly print to the Library printer has a minimum of $2.
- Paper Cut fees allowing students to copy pages from books has a minimum of $5.
- Other fees may be assessed. Please check the Catalog for the latest listing.
- All scholarships will be applied before calculating discounts.
- The spouse of a full-time student will receive 50% off of tuition costs. To receive this discount, the student must contact the Office of Financial Aid each semester.
- The child or grandchild of an alumnus will receive a discount of $150.00 for tuition and fees per semester. To receive the discount, the student must contact the Office of Financial Aid each semester.
Fees for December and May graduation expenses are to be paid in the Business Office. The deadline will be communicated to each graduate each semester.
- Associate, Bachelor, and Master Degrees: $100
- Doctoral (DMIN and PhD) Degrees: $150
*All student fees are subject to change without notice.
Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary payment policy states that payment for the entire semester is expected at time of registration for each respective semester. If full payment cannot be made for a regular semester, an option of budgeting monthly payments through Nelnet is provided. Students enrolled in any degree program for the Fall and/or Spring semesters, including PhD and DMIN students, are eligible for the Nelnet program. A $25 enrollment fee is due to Nelnet along with the first payment upon registration each semester.
As always, all information provided is superseded by any information listed in the Catalog and current Seminary policy. Please contact the Business Office if you have any questions.
To see details of the Nelnet payment plan, click here.
A more comprehensive description of all tuition and fees can be found in the Catalog.
Available scholarships can be view on the Scholarships page.