Equipping You to Reach All People
To make disciples of all nations, you must have the ability to understand them. Mid-America’s Master of Divinity in Missiology and Intercultural Studies program is a professional graduate degree beyond the Bachelor of Arts or equivalent, designed to equip students for effective ministry as cross-cultural missionaries. This is a 90 semester hour program with two concentrations from which to choose. Please review the Academic Catalog for full details.
- Master of Divinity in Missiology and Intercultural Studies On-Campus Degree
- 90 semester hours of academic credit
- Completed in three years.
- Online format is available.
- Master of Divinity in Missiology and Intercultural Studies International 2+2 On-Campus and On-Field Combination Degree.
- 90 semester hours of academic credit (75 course credit hours + 15 hours of field study and completion of a master’s thesis).
- Completed in four years.
What courses will I take?
This is a sample list of courses you’ll take while pursuing your MDIV in Missiology and Intercultural Studies.
- Introduction to Missions
- Anthropology and Worldview
- Traditional Religions, World Religions, and Cults
- Strategies of Missions and Leadership Development
- Personal Evangelism
- Beginning Greek
- Hebrew Grammar
- Old and New Testament Survey
In addition to the Seminary’s general admissions requirements, applicants to any master’s-level degree program must meet additional requirements and have earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university. During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following information:
- Official transcripts of all college coursework
- Autobiographical statement and photograph
- Health record and immunization forms
- Pastoral recommendation
- Church endorsement
- Two personal references
- Background and credit reference checks