2095 Appling Road
Cordova, TN 38016
We’re Committed to Your Safety and Security
Mid-America knows that safety is important to you. We are dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for you and your family. Our Campus Safety personnel patrol the campus and are here to assist you when needed.
Campus Safety Contact Information
One of the best ways to maintain a safe learning environment is adherence to the following:
- Always have your student ID card while on campus. You can always obtain a duplicate at the Student Life office.
- Refrain from loaning your Student ID card to anyone. If it is ever lost or stolen, it can fall into the hands of the wrong person. If you believe your card has been lost or stolen, contact Campus Safety immediately.
- Ensure your decal is clearly visible on your car. Campus Safety personnel patrols the campus and looks for decals on vehicles, especially at night. Vehicle decals can be obtained from Student Life.
Protecting yourself at home, in your room, dorm, or apartment
- Lock your door, even when you intend to return home shortly. It takes a thief 10 seconds or less to enter an open room and steal your property.
- Lock or secure doors and windows when you are alone or asleep.
- Do not leave valuables lying out in plain sight. Record the serial number of your valuables or engrave your driver’s license or social security number on the item.
- Keep emergency numbers by your phone.
- Do not leave messages on your door indicating that you are away and when you will return.
- Do not let strangers enter the premises.
- Do not prop open outer doors.
- If someone asks to use your phone for an emergency call, offer to telephone for them instead of allowing them access.
- Do not put your address on your key ring.
- Know your neighbors.
- Do not leave keys in hiding places. Thieves will find them. Carry your keys or make sure that anyone who truly needs them has his own copy.
- Call 751-3034 to report suspicious persons or activity in or around your neighborhood. If off campus, call 911.
- Open a savings or checking account instead of keeping money in your room.
- Keep automatic teller machine cards in a safe place, and keep your PIN number secret. When possible, only use ATMs during the day.
- If you find yourself in immediate danger, call 911; try to stay calm and get away at the first opportunity.
Mid-America security utilizes a comprehensive array of security cameras to monitor both inside and outside the building. Security services operate day and evening on both campus and student housing property. Officers are available to assist faculty, staff, and students. Please contact Campus Safety if you have additional questions.
Additionally, Mid-America has a large pond with small-mouth bass, bluegill, and koi. To monitor and control the fish population, those wishing to fish must obtain permission from Campus Safety.