Academic Advising Instructions
We are here for you and want you to succeed. Below are instructions for ensuring you get the most effective academic advice to reach your goals.
- Email your advisor for an appointment. Your advisor’s name and email address can be found on your bio page.
- Log in to Sonis and print your BIO page. This shows all courses you have taken and transferred. If you have additional courses that should be transferred, email email@example.com.
- Obtain a Degree Audit Worksheet for your degree program. Fill out the degree audit with the courses you have completed or are in the process of taking. This will allow you to see the remaining courses needed to finish the degree. KEEP THIS AUDIT until you graduate and add each semester’s completed courses to it. This will prevent you from having to redo the audit each semester.
- Plan your next semester’s schedule using the most current course schedule. Classes usually stay the same from year to year with the exception of electives.
- Meet with your Advisor. Good academic advising is key to academic success. If you have followed steps 1-5, your advising meeting should be short and productive and you should have no unpleasant surprises when graduation time arrives. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions