3.13.4.a. Applicable Policy Statement. An institution includes a review of its distance learning programs in the Compliance Certification.
_X_ Compliance ___ Partial Compliance ___ Non-Compliance
Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary (MABTS) offers classes at Central Baptist Church in Jonesboro, AR . Classes generally occur on Mondays and on Thursdays (N.B. MABTS received approval from SACSCOC to offer 100% of course credit online for associate, bachelor, and master level degrees on February 9, 2015 ).
Per federal regulations and SACSCOC guidelines, distance courses allow students to earn up to and including 49% of courses through distance learning. This off-campus location operates under the same standards as the main campus :
· Professors hold an earned doctorate for Master level classes .
· Distance education courses offered are consistent with those offered at the main campus  and provide a pathway to a degree through a combination of distance, online, and on-campus offerings.
· Students taking classes at extension centers and through the online programs must meet the same academic requirements for admission as residential students .
· Credit hour requirements are in accord with federal regulations . Class syllabi demonstrate that (1) not less than one hour of classroom or direct faculty instruction and a minimum of two hours out of class student work each week for approximately fifteen weeks or (2) at least an equivalent amount of work as required outlined in item 1 above for other academic activities as established by the institution including laboratory work, internships, practica, studio work, and other academic work leading to the award of credit hours .
· Students register by the same means and on the same dates as all other students through SonisWeb .
· Students operate under the same grading scale and regulations .
· Students receive their grades in the same way as all other students .
Comprehensive Standard 3.13.4.b. If an institution is part of a system or corporate structure, a description of the system operation (or corporate structure) is submitted as part of the Compliance Certification for the decennial review. The description should be designed to help members of the peer review committees understand the mission, governance, and operating procedures of the system and the individual institution’s role with in that system.
___ Compliance ___ Non-Compliance _X_ Not Applicable
Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary is not part of a system or corporate structure, and thus the standard is not applicable to the institution.
New or prospective student? Sign-up here for access to application information, grades, and account billing status.
Alumni may register here to have their resume loaded into our career center. Allow us to connect you with churches looking for qualified personnel.
Witness One:Seven Report
New Students may sign-up for access to the Witness One:Seven site here.
Students, Faculty, staff may access their SONIS web account here. Please enter your SONIS ID and password/pin number for access.
Sign-in here to access your resume and make changes.
Witness One:Seven Report
Students may update their Witness One:Seven information here.
Sign-in here to access your student email account. Your Office 365 account name is [Student_ID]@mabts.edu (e.g. MA1234567@mabts.edu). Your password is your MABTS assigned PIN.
Click here to access the PhD form.